Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 6

Today I created the poster for Noel Kassewitz' painting show titled "Verto Vita", latin for "transform life". The paintings are mostly centered around animal rights and environmental activism. They're seemingly straightforward and "pretty". They remind me of craft show paintings, with brilliant colors and picturesque landscapes; except Noel's includes a speared whale or two. This comparison between grotesque and americana folk art -albeit unintentional- is quite interesting.



The reception is tonight and Odette will have to tough this one out on her own, unfortunately. I've got portfolio review. Wish me luck! A lot of it.

EDIT: And so the editing begins. Before passing it off to Noel, there were further changes to made regarding the Reitz Union and UF logos. Personally, I think there has always been something off about all the commotion made over "making sure the logo is nice and big". If they're on the poster and legible, that should be okay, right? I also had to change "Reitz Union Gallery" to read: "the gallery" (in all lowercase, mind you). The printout looked very nice though, especially the vivid colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment