Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 8

This week, I made the Call to Artists poster in order to prepare for next semester's set of exhibitions. It took a surprising amount of effort as I aimed to create a very simple, clever, and, most importantly, eye-catching design. Color was an exceedingly challenging aspect; and I learned a lot about how things on the screen don't always turn out the same in print- in fact, color even varies from computer to computer! I've definitely discovered that my laptop screen does not depict colors truest to their original form; so from now on I will be doing a lot more work off of my laptop and onto my desktop computer. Here she is, the poster and the flier versions:

For next week, I'll be working on turning the palette into a transparent image with Calling All Artists text on the front to be placed on the website to draw people to the application page. It's a great idea, and hopefully it will get me a job at the Reitz Union this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment